Saturday, February 20, 2010

Transformers Bumblebee Sport

Tools
Hasty speed-inked, Scanned and digitally speed-painted. Background and Swift Sport picture sourced online.

About
One of my favorite Transformers character (old-school Bumblebee) transforms into one of my favorite Car (Suzuki Swift Sport)

eXpressions
This is done in 2007 during the onset of the Transformers movie. It was the time where everyone is hyped up by the movie. I did this quick art with the intention to use it as my signature in the Swift Club Singapore forum but apparently the image is too big for a Signature.

This explain why I didn't do a proper inking and color in hasty, cos my initial plan is for the artwork be as small as possible....Oh well.

This Bumblebee's design is based on the rejected VW Bumblebee from the Binaltech/Alternators toyline. I figured why not replace the VW Beetle's classis with the Swift Sport. And voila, Bumblebee Sport!!

The Suzuki Swift Sport is one of my favorite car, it's an affordable hot hatch with a 1.6litre high reving 125horsepower engine mated with close gear ratios. With 0-100km/h in 8.9sec, it's not a pushover despite it's size. A car destined to be a Bumblebee alt mode. That destiny finally is fulfilled in the Alternity toyline in 2009.....but I still prefer my design.

"Bumblebee", "Transformers" and mentioned are property of Hasbro Inc and Takara/Tomy Co. Ltd
"Suzuki Swift Sport" is copyright of Suzuki Motors Co Ltd.
background was googled from the internet, copyright of it's respective owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment