Sunday, February 21, 2010

Katoots Kat.E

Tools
Sketched only

About
A proposed character called Kat.E of a now defunct Toy Collectors Forum "Katoots".

Year

2008

eXpressions
I was once deeply involved in a Toy Collectors Forum called "Katoots", Designed tonnes of characters and items for the forum to flourish. But sadly, a things come to an end.

Now I have some resentments for the Katoots founders, for some reasons I felt the management "played everyone out" and shut the forum out some to some mismanagement. Thinking back the whole episode is so immature. Anyway that's a rant for another time.

As much as I try to forget Katoots, I cannot bare to forget the creations I did. It's after all my hard work. If noone appreciates it fine, at least I do appreciate my own stuff instead of going into self-destruct mode and close the blog.

This "Kat.E" character is suppose to be some moderator robot for Katoots.


Kat.E is NOT copyright of Katoots. The character belongs to me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jansen,

    this is songfeng (Evermeet)here. It's rather late for me to reply to this I suppose but I only just recently happen to come across this entry of yours and I feel I owe you an apology for what you feel about my decision.

    I am sorry that the decisions we took back then made you felt this way and though I can't undo what was said or done before, I would like to state that I did very much appreciate all the artwork and stuff you did back then. And at the same time, the fault lies on me, not the other members of the team.

    In the years since the closing of katoots, I have had the opportunity to work with less privileged children in the social service sector for a few years. And every now and then I would show them your artwork and other comics on my laptop you did back then along with those of other members to these kids to show them the talent of others, esp. those who are good in artwork themselves to inspire them.

    I still keep all the stuff you did for us despite all these years. And as much as I can't undo the resentment, I just want you to know that the work you did hasn't been forgotten and has always been appreciated and has been used to make an impact on the lives of children over the last few years.

    Drop me an email at Locutus83@yahoo.com if you wish to address any other issues you might have with me/us.

    ReplyDelete