Monday, February 8, 2010

Lyss, a Fan Art


Tools
Drawn and inked, scanned at 300dpi. Digitally painted with Photoshop 6.0. Background digitally painted using Wacom Grahpire tablet in Photoshop 6.

About
Lyss, Light of the Forest. This is a fantasy character created by Soo AKA "Dethray". I borrow his character to do a rendition using my style.

eXpressions
As you can see, it's done in 2001 after my service for the army ended. I join a USA-based art forum and surprisingly met a few fellow Singaporean artists (Dominic"Madscuzzy" and Soo"Dethray"). Dethray allow me to redraw his "Lyss" character as a form of a "fanart".

This artwork is also my experimental work. I was initially not statified with the background, so one day I decided to get myself a Wacom Graphire Tablet. As I started experimenting the tablet, I drew a full scale forest of trees and woods from the tablet. I was so excited and happy with my result that I decied to used first drawing as the background for the "Lyss" character.

As you can see the background's abit blur, that is delibrate to create a background effect, the original forest is much sharper and clearer.

The "Lyss" character and design is copyright 2001 Soo AKA Dethray.

No comments:

Post a Comment