Thursday, January 26, 2012

Happy New Year of the Dragon 2012


Tools
Pencil and inked, scanned at 200DPI , then digitally painted with a Wacom Intuos 4 tablet. Chinese Calligraphy written by my wife!
Software used Photoshop CS 5.1

About
Ushering the Year of the Dragon, 2021, the "Charlie" way. Here, Charlie St. Arthur creates an imagine of a baby oriental dragon using her runic spell.

Year
Jan 2012

eXpressions
I've been hitting sort of a slump lately can haven't been able to produce any artwork to my "standard". As the Chinese new year drews closer, I decided to create a "greeting card" intended for my friends in Facebook and WhatsApp.

I did 3 drafts before finally settling for this version. Using the traditional way of drawn and inking, followed by coloring with the tablet, this is my 2nd practice in colored art. Still pretty rusty but I hoped I'll get the hand of it in future artworks.

It's a 5 to 6 hours effort spanning 4 days, but alas I didn't manage to get it to WhatsApp on time since I just changed my phone and haven't updated my contacts then. In the end this piece reach limited friends and only seen by those who regulate in Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment