Friday, September 30, 2011

pocus: The ethics of life...

ToolsPencil Drawn, scanned, then digitally painted with a Wacom Intuos 4 tablet.

Software used Photoshop 6.0 before switching temporary to Photoshop Elements 6 for minor touch ups.

About
pocus: The ethics of life...

Year
Sept 2011

eXpressionsI took pretty short time to draw the picture, but a hell lot of time to paint it. I think I took like 3 days some hours each in total.

Completed quite early but I failed my first critique. My wife commented not of the technical skill, but of the color combination. She doesn't like the brown top. She suggested brighter colors but that will conflict with Pocus' character and style. In the end I played with the colors abit and gave her a slightly reddish top.

I redid the paint a few times to get some of the colors right. The lighting were dull white initially and I gave it a yellowish tone to it. Overall, not my proudest work but it's one of my most technically enlightened work. Here I know my limitation and places to improve.

This is my sandbox colored artwork after so many years... Hope to do more of such stuff in the future, at a shorter time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment